in my practice. This is a really exciting area of clinical development. I have been active in developing this area nationally and internationally:
– I am a Visiting Professor at Teesside University and I have been active in PoCUS postgraduate education
– I am chair of the College of Emergency Medicine Ultrasound Subcommittee
– I am a member of the Ultrasound Special Interest Group for the European Society of Emergency Medicine (EuSEM)
– I am vice-chair of the International Federation of Emergency Medicine Ultrasound Special Interest Group and was lead author for their recent PoCUS Curriculum Guidance
– I am on the Council of the British Medical Ultrasound Society
– I have presented on PoCUS at conferences and events internationally
– I have published in PoCUS in many journals and am the author/editor of a PoCUS textbook
– I regularly peer review PoCUS papers for international/national journals.
I have been interested in the management of major trauma for many years. I set up and directed Advanced Trauma Life Support courses in the region and also have taught on the instructor course at the Royal College of Surgeons.
Consultant in Emergency Medicine , Royal Victoria Infirmary, United Kingdom